Dreams and futures are on the line as Tara Webster and her friends enter their final year at the Academy and compete against each other for one of the coveted National Ballet Company contracts up for grabs.
It will be the ultimate physical and emotional endurance test for Tara, Abigail (Dena Kaplan), Grace, Christian, Ben and Ollie as they complete third year, with the Company watching their every move.
During their final year, the friends are thrown into a spin when the Company requires three students for fill-in spots for their corps de ballet. They'll also get to experience what life is like as a dancer on a professional tour when they head out on the Third Year Tour, performing in regional and remote centres around Australia. And before they know it, it's graduation day and the life-changing interview with the Company.
All this as well as dealing with self doubt, reality checks, romance ups-and-downs, rivalry between mates, and digging deep to give it everything they've got. It's the year the friends learn that risking everything, failing spectacularly, and then starting again, is how you become extraordinary.
This is the most nail-biting year yet and everyone will be shocked by who is offered a contract, who turns one down, who ultimately gets their dream, and who has to find another.
- Winner Best Non-Animated or Mixed Teen Series at the Kidscreen Awards 2015
- Winner Best Direction in a Children’s Television Program at the 2014 Australian Directors Guild Awards (Episode 12: Daniel Nettheim)
- Winner of the Children’s Television Category at the 2013 Australian Writers’ Guild AWGIE Awards (Episode 12: Samantha Strauss)
- Winner Best Kid’s Show, TV Tonight Awards 2013
- Winner of the Silver World Medal in the Children’s/ Youth Program at the 2014 New York Festivals International TV & Film Awards
- Winner Best Companion Website at the 2014 Kidscreen Awards
- Winner Best Website at the iKids Awards 2014
- Winner of the Award of Excellence for Children’s Website at the 2014 Communicator Awards
- Nominated for an International Emmy Award 2014 in the Kids: Series Category
- Nominated for Most Outstanding Children’s Program at the Logie Awards 2014
- Nominated for Best Non-Animated or Mixed Teen Series at the Kidscreen Awards 2014
- Nominated for a Best Youth Fiction Rockie Award at the 2014 Banff World Media Festival
- Nominated Best Children’s Television Program and Best Game/ Multimedia Production, ATOM Awards 2013
- Finalist in the Children’s Television Production category, Screen Producers Australia Awards 2013
- Nominated in the Children’s Television Category at the 2013 Australian Writers’ Guild AWGIE Awards (Episode 2: Josh Mapleston, Episode 13: Samantha Strauss)
- Nominated for Best Children’s Television Series, AACTA Awards 2014
- Nominated for the Betty Roland Prize for Scriptwriting in the 2014 NSW Premier’s Literary Awards (Episode 13: Samantha Strauss)