At Sydney's National Dance Academy, a few talented youngsters are recruited for the excruciatingly tough course. Jewish long line of doctors' heir Samuel 'Sammy' and minor juvenile offender Christian are the outsiders but gradually fit in, making new kinds of friends. Star ballerina's daughter Kat also introduces them in the circle of last-year brother Ethan, who already aspires a career as choreographer.
- Winner of the 2011 Silver Logie for Most Outstanding Children’s Program
- Winner of the Gold Plaque for Best Children’s Series at the 2011 Hugo Television Awards, Chicago
- Winner of the 2011 ATOM Award for Best Children’s Fiction Television
- Winner of the Bronze World Medal in Children’s / Youth Programs at The New York Festival’s 2011 Television & Film Awards
- Winner of the Best Companion Website in the Tweens / Teens Category at the 2011 Kidscreen Awards, New York
- Winner of the 2010 Australian Directors Guild Award for Best Direction in Children’s Television Program (Episode 3: Jeffery Walker)
- Nominated for the 2011 International Emmy in the category of Children and Young People
- Finalist in the 2012 Kidscreen Awards Best Tweens/ Teens Non-Animated or Mixed Series category
- Nominated for Best Children’s Program at the 2011 Asian Television Awards
- Nominated for Best Series at the 2011 Seoul International Drama Awards. Xenia Goodwin (TARA) also nominated for Best Actress.
- Nominated for a Rockie Award in the category of Youth Programs at the 2011 Banff World Media Festival, Canada
- Nominated for an AFI Award for Best Children’s Television Drama 2010
- Nominated for an AFI Award for Best Direction in a Television Series 2010 (Episode 2: Jeffrey Walker)
- Nominated for the NSW Premier’s Literary Award for Best Screenplay (Episode 13: Samantha Strauss)
- Nominated in the Children’s Television Category at the 2010 Australian Writers’ Guild AWGIE Awards (Episode 8: Sarah Lambert and Episode 15: Greg Waters)